Special Events Coordinator (Part-Time)
15 hours per week, onsite
Under the direction of the President & CEO, the Special Events Coordinator oversees all aspects of assigned and newly created events including logistics and committee management. In addition, this position will assist the development team with the cultivation of strong relationships with prospects and donors and carry out solicitation and stewardship strategies.
• A minimum a year work experience in non-profit agency operations, specifically frontline experience in the special events field or equivalent experience, additional experience preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of special events types and logistics for non-profit agencies and organizations. Ability to organize and coordinate committees.
• Demonstrated success in the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
• Knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures and of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations, youth development services preferred.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
• Must demonstrate initiative/self-starter and be able to work independently.
• Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment, prioritize projects and provide timely results.
• Knowledge of accessing and managing Visions donor database a plus.
• Superior communication, organizational and relationship-building skills, creativity in fund-raising approach. Be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers and other related agencies.
• Knowledge of and experience with the philanthropic community is preferred.
$16 - $19 per hour
Email resumes to:
Jenn Aldworth, firstname.lastname@example.org