2020/2021 After School Program FAQs
2020/2021 After School Program UPDATED 9/7/2020**
Important Pre-registration FAQ:
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health emergency, there are significant health and safety measures that require the Club to shift some of our processes, procedures and protocols.
We have created an FAQ below and ask that you please review along with the parent handbook and COVID CARE PLAN thoroughly before registering your child(ren). As this COVID-19 health emergency remains fluid, this FAQ will be updated as needed.
- When does the After School Program (ASP) begin?
- The ASP will begin on on September 28th and follow the Ludlow Public Schools calendar.
- What are your program hours?
- The ASP will run from 2:30 -5:30 pm. Your child would be registered to attend either on Mon.|Tues. OR Thurs.|Fri. on the assigned days they will be doing in-person learning at school.
- Who is eligible to enroll in this program?
- The program is being offered to students in grades K-8 up to 13 years-old in accordance with our EEC license. Additionally, the RLP is only available for Ludlow Public School students who have elected to enroll in LPS’s hybrid schedule. Health and safety is our number one priority and thus our program is designed to align as closely as possible to the cohort design of LPS to limit exposure for youth. The Club also does not have the bandwidth to accommodate school and classroom schedules from multiple districts.
- Once registered, children will be placed in a group that will remain consistent for the school-year to adhere to health and safety guidelines.
- What are the program fees and what is the payment process?
- The weekly fee per child is $30. The first week’s payment in addition to a non-refundable registration fee of $50 will be due at the time of registration. Subsequent weekly fees will be debited from a checking or savings account. If you are enrolling your child(ren) in both the RLP and ASP, only one registration fee of $50 will be required per child.
- How will transportation to the Club work for my child?
- A Transportation Request Form must be completed during registration to be submitted to the LPS School Business Office on or before September 14, 2020.
- When do I pick up my child?
- Pick up time will be between 4:45-5:30 pm. Further guidance will be shared regarding the process soon.
- How will holidays affect the program?
- The following days will be paid closures and thus full weekly rates will be due for the ASP:
Oct. 12 Columbus Day| Nov. 11 Veteran’s Day| Nov. 26 Thanksgiving Day| Nov. 27 Day after Thanksgiving| Dec. 24 Christmas Eve| Dec. 25 Christmas Day| Jan. 18 Martin Luther King Day| May 31 Memorial Day
- Friday, April 2 is a paid closure for Professional Development for Club staff.
- How will LPS half days and early release days affect the ASP?
- The Club’s After School Program will be CLOSED on any LPS half or early release days due to limited staffing capacity. Weekly fees will be adjusted accordingly for those affected. If the Club is able to offer a special vacation day to accommodate a particular half or early release day, we will notify families as soon as possible.
- What happens on snow days?
- In the event LPS cancels school due to inclement weather, the Club will be closed as well. No refunds will be granted for snow days.
- If Ludlow Public Schools are released early due to inclement weather, children will still be bussed to the Club but the After School Program will close early. The Club will communicate with parents a time for pick up via its website (ludlowbgc.org) and Facebook page.
- What will my child need to bring each day?
- A labeled snack bag
- A labeled water bottle
- A supply of clean masks -labeled and in a sealed ziplock bag
- What will my child do each day?
- A daily schedule will be available for parents to view. The schedule will include: snack, homework time, a daily special and free play time.
- Daily specials include: art, science, gym and outdoor time.
- What if my child is absent from school?
- If your child is absent from school, they will not be able to attend the Club’s After School Program. Parents/guardians must contact the Club to notify us of their child’s absence and state the reason for the absence.
- The contact process includes a phone call to the Club at (413) 583-2072 ext. 128 to leave a message in our absentee voice mailbox AND emailing email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if my child goes to school but isn’t going to the After School Program?
- If your child was at school but is not attending the After School Program, you must contact the Club and let us know that your child will be absent and state the reason for the absence.
No refunds will be granted for absences.